Shackleton rally tomorrow (Ballykelly)
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Ali Burrows Engine 

& Gearbox Rebuilds Jolly Green Monster Eastwood Motors Blackwater Graphics Subscribe to 

Pacenotes Rally Magazine Evo Ireland Greenlight Insurance Pedders Suspension Formula Karting Group Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lennyd

Thread: Shackleton rally tomorrow (Ballykelly)

Default Shackleton rally tomorrow (Ballykelly)

Anyone up for going to this? A great event for spectators and previous events here have been a great success

Wish me luck, been working at rallies 17 years and finally the time had come to don a suit and helmet. Co driving for a mate in and eg civic. My office for tomorrow is in the following link....

Garrett McMonagle & Joseph McGonigle - May Day Rally 2013 SS6 - YouTube
    "Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Shackleton rally tomorrow (Ballykelly)

Mate I'm out tomorrow for the first time sitting beside my mate in an Astra.
    Shambles likes this.

Well how did you get on today then? Timing for calling the notes is a lot harder than it looks on rpm. We'd fuel starvation on the first stage and lost near 3 and a half min so we were screwed from the outset but got some decent times in after that with the only other problem being oil leaking from the gear bag and filling the car with smoke but it was near the end of the last stage so we only lost a couple of secs.

25th o/a and 4th in the class (13 cars) very pleased. Had a wee excursion in the middle of all that too. I got on ok on the notes, couple of small mistakes but got back on them thankfully. Great event and great days craic
    "Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car".

Turns out we actually got 3rd in class and didn't even show up the prize giving to collect our crystal lol

Nice one, congrats on 3rd, take it you were in the civic that had the ram air ind kit. Most people thought yous took the lights out in a crash but I know better

That would be the car lol. You should have seen it before wee cable tied the bumper back on! lol cheers