lambda sensor fault. badly need help please!! - Page 2
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: lambda sensor fault. badly need help please!!

Im getting the same reading at the ecu and the brown relay under the glovebox. Im just hopeing that somthing is gone in the ecu

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Might be worth checking the continuity between the cables (disconnect the harness from the ECU and the O2 sensor and check both ends of the cable). If its a short in the cable then a new ECU could suffer the same fate.

Im getting 14.5 volts at the battery. And im getting 14.5 volts on 2 wires inside at the ecu and they are going to my lambda sensor. I wonder is my altinator slightly overcharging and mayby has the ecu damaged somhow?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

ok but with the engine off - disconnect the ecu, disconnect the o2 sensor and check the wiring - you'll be able to tell if there is a break anywhere

Formerly JAPTUNINGSOLUTIONS

Youre multimeter wont be fast enough to see the lamba switching .An oscilloscope is required to watch this event.

+1 to that, but he can test the wire running from the sensor connection point to the ECU connection point to see if its got continuity or a broken circuit somewhere. At least if you can rule out the wiring point to point and he's already tried a new sensor then it will definitly point to an ECU fault

Here Davey don't forget to take fotos of that pipe for Gambit and wrap those two pillars for me

Iv checked continuity of them 2 wires from the lqmbda back to the ecu and got no continuity so I take it that the wires are ok and not shorted together. I checked them for a break anywhere by disconnecting from the lambda and joining a wire into it and bringing it into the car and put the multimeter on it and onto where the wire goes into the ecu and the result was that I got continuity so that means my wires arrent broken. Im still slightly worried that 14.5v is still too high for the alternator to be putting out? Or is it acceptable? I taught one of them wires that is going from the ecu to the lambda getting 14.5 volts is actually soppost to be a negotive/ground controlled by the ecu?
    Begining to loose sleep over this car haha
    Last edited by mangancam; 18-10-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Yeah im getting 14.5 volts at the battery. And also 14.5v at the lambda. And also 14.5v at the wires going to the lambda from the ecu connections

Formerly JAPTUNINGSOLUTIONS

14.5v is normal .You need to do a resistance test on the wires . And if that's ok then an oscilloscope is needed to check the signal on the wire to the ecu before the ECU can be blamed .

my advice would be run the car down to davy and let him have a look, penny pinching could cost you far more in the long run. JMHO
    Cheers, Brian
    Tandragee

I checked resistance and getting 2.5 ohms. See the problem is that im all the way down in county clare and am working nearly most days to try get it anywhere. Im fairly sure its an ecu fault because the wireing is ok and the sensors have been changed about 10 times between me and previous owners. See im thinking now that the last owner was doing cutting and hacking at the sensor even heard he fitted a toyota one and might have shorted it back to the ecu. Im fairly sure by the wiring diagrams that one of them wires im getting 14.5v off is actually soppost to be a ground/negative that the ecu controlls. Like a lambda hardly has 2 powers and no earth atall?

Ahh sorry did not realise you were so far away.
    Cheers, Brian
    Tandragee

Yea this problem has broke a lot of peoples hearts. Nobody can figure it out. Last thing to do is get an ecu for it which im finding it hard to get at the moment

16. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12