Shell for sale .
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Shell for sale .

scoob demon likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Shell for sale .

scoob demon likes this.

Mr Sheens old machine. STI that is, recently repainted too.
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Roof vent... An RA shell?
    "Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car".

Just spotted the above in the title lol
    "Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car".

Just about sums up the subaru scene. Probably a high spec RA gets broken for parts/spares as the original owner cannot get near the required asking price to break even on the build. Now somebody is going to buy a basic shell and spend two fortunes to get it where they want it. I honestly feel the need to get a deal is killing the performance market scene. What i am trying to say is, take for example a type ra. Owner spends 3k doing mods. Base car is worth 2k before mods, so in total owner is in 5k, if the mods suit a potential new owner surely the car is worth 3.5k and everyone is happy. New owner saves 1.5k and everyone is happy.

I was determined when I sold my type r it was going to a new owner, could not stand the idea of it in pieces. I had some genuine enquires but insurance for potential new owners killed the deal, I had tyre kickers and i had people thinking I was desperate for money and offering me half the asking price.

Rant over
    Cheers, Brian
    Tandragee

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbay View Post
    Mr Sheens old machine. STI that is, recently repainted too.
    Definitely not Mr Sheens his was a wrx ra... When I used momentum a few years ago an ra sat out the back belonging to a member on here! I think his first name was Gary but can't mind his username.
    scoob demon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
    Just about sums up the subaru scene. Probably a high spec RA gets broken for parts/spares as the original owner cannot get near the required asking price to break even on the build. Now somebody is going to buy a basic shell and spend two fortunes to get it where they want it. I honestly feel the need to get a deal is killing the performance market scene. What i am trying to say is, take for example a type ra. Owner spends 3k doing mods. Base car is worth 2k before mods, so in total owner is in 5k, if the mods suit a potential new owner surely the car is worth 3.5k and everyone is happy. New owner saves 1.5k and everyone is happy.

I was determined when I sold my type r it was going to a new owner, could not stand the idea of it in pieces. I had some genuine enquires but insurance for potential new owners killed the deal, I had tyre kickers and i had people thinking I was desperate for money and offering me half the asking price.

Rant over
    ##

Same applies for any marque really. Abandoned projects, owner loses heart when he's x amount of £ in and finds it's gonna take the same again to finish it. Especially happens when cars are being built by a tuning company or garage, the spec keeps changing and the bills keep coming until the owner gets bored or discouraged. Not saying this was the case with this particular car but it's often the story.
    I advise people regularly to research your build, decide your budget and timeframe, source and price your parts carefully and then stick to it. Otherwise you will never be finished.
    ye ha, Stu and MCVITEY like this.
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Stu

Simons was a WRX RA, more likely to be RA-Pilots car, that had a cage in it. Its lived at MM since 2009 IIRC.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    scoobyride and scoob demon like this.
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

Stu

##

I advise people regularly to research your build, decide your budget and timeframe, source and price your parts carefully and then stick to it. Otherwise you will never be finished.

If only i had listened

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Simons was a WRX RA, more likely to be RA-Pilots car, that had a cage in it. Its lived at MM since 2009 IIRC.
    #

My mistake. Mr Sheens WRX was also sold through momentum recently

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Yes that's who I was thinking of!

Stu

#

My mistake. Mr Sheens WRX was also sold through momentum recently
    Yea i was talking to Simon Tuesday night and just now lol. I think his old one has been put away by the new owner

Kenny Wylie (the evo racer) has it tucked away with a bog standard evo 4. Lets hope they dont mate.
    bigsigh likes this.

Been there several times Big Red T's Avatar

Gary Rapilots shell I think.
    scoob demon likes this.
    Will there be a no.5 ?

18. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast