think its time to sell!
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default think its time to sell!

i have had my scoob now 2months and i haven been able to drive it other than up my road and down to keep eveything working order!! i am totally gutted i have wanted one of these since i was very young and when it happins its just a kick in the nuts but sure big ask at 19.. have a look

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1156788.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: think its time to sell!

Nightmare mate. Hopefully it sells soon. Why was it rebuild? What happened?
    GEAB President of the world.

Looks like a bargain to me,would love to change my uk blob for a jap one

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Obviously not twice the car of a UK one when the engine goes bang at just 43k!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBY1929 View Post
    Obviously not twice the car of a UK one when the engine goes bang at just 43k!!

Could also happen to a UK car if its not treated right.

Stefan
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

car was run on wrong fuel and oil! course its not going to last.. and course a jdm is twice the car (spec) of uk (standerd) of course..

Sorry but thats your opinion!! I have heard plenty of horror stories with jap imports and had problems myself with an MR2 Turbo!!
    Would not touch one with a barge pole!! (Yes you can get problems with uk ones to) but less likely. Japs use 100 RON fuel any import should be mapped as soon as it leaves the boat for our fuel.

Sorry but thats your opinion!! I have heard plenty of horror stories with jap imports and had problems myself with an MR2 Turbo!!
    Would not touch one with a barge pole!! (Yes you can get problems with uk ones to) but less likely. Japs use 100 RON fuel any import should be mapped as soon as it leaves the boat for our fuel.
    I would agree with ntrainor! having owned both jap and uk cars-- JAP stuff is faster and better spec'ed from the factory

Can't beat the jap ones!!
    No one can make you feel inferior without your permission

Post Re: think its time to sell!

imported 4 subarus in 3 years and never had 1 of them mapped biggest waste of money, they have ran faultless in my ownership on the 97 super..

if in doubt keep her pinned out

Yeh everyone is entitled to their opinion but faster does not necessarily mean better.
    People say they are better specced but for me if I was buying second hand the most important thing is a full service history and hpi check.
    By the time you get it remapped to run on lower grade fuel, pay extra insurance, fit a rear fog, underseal, radio wont work,no immobiliser, warranty problems its hardly worth it. I also find it very suspicious that they all come in with such low miles after sitting on a boat for 3 months.
    Last edited by SCOOBY1929; 29-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by farmer will View Post
    imported 4 subarus in 3 years and never had 1 of them mapped biggest waste of money, they have ran faultless in my ownership on the 97 super..

if in doubt keep her pinned out
    Thats because all your imports are pre 97 Will. 100 ron fuel did not hit Japan until late 97!

Only JDM for me, they are not that much bother at all. I would consider a STI Type \uk but wouldnt even bother with a JDM or UK Wrx.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

Yeh everyone is entitled to their opinion but faster does not necessarily mean better.
    People say they are better specced but for me if I was buying second hand the most important thing is a full service history and hpi check.
    By the time you get it remapped to run on lower grade fuel, pay extra insurance, fit a rear fog, underseal, radio wont work,no immobiliser, warranty problems its hardly worth it. I also find it very suspicious that they all come in with such low miles after sitting on a boat for 3 months.
    u say u find it suspicious they all come in wiy low miles after sitting on a boat for 3 months?? well thats 3 months less miles on the car! the boat isn that big u cant drive them while on it mate. JDM 4 me babyyy lol!!

Gav, No longer @ Prodrive Prodrive Ireland's Avatar

You selling this I take it cause you can't afford the insurance?

19! Don't worry you've plenty of time to get another one!
    Bathurst is a place where Holden and Ford fans go to have a massive fist fight and then in the interval, when the paramedics go in, sometimes a car race breaks out

Look fair play to you for having a very nice Subaru at 19 and sorry you have to sell.

Regarding JDM spec in the early days they were more powerful and better speccedbut Japan had a 280 bhp max rule. As the years went by the UK spec cars caught up like the P1 (280 bhp), WR1 and RB320 that put out more than 320 bhp with the correct emissions on our fuel.

Many Subaru fanatics believe the 2 greatest Scoobys of all time were the RB5 and the P1 (both uk special editions).

18. Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast