Using a megs g220
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Been there several times Big Red T's Avatar

Default Using a megs g220

I,ve been thinking of buying one of these for a while now,what im looking to know is just how easy they are to use? I,ve been using megs scratch x for minor swirl removal for long enough but have thought this for the next step. What i was more worried about was having a car covered in buffer trails as there is nothing worse . I seem a brand new mazda 6 thing today in a lovely dark blue but in the sun it looked like someone had taken a buff to it to sabotage it lol. Im a patient person so not likely to rush using it.
    Your thoughts please.
    Will there be a no.5 ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Using a megs g220

ive a megs g220 easy to use its just all about braking the product Ur using down right .maybe a training day would be good

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyman555 View Post
    ive a megs g220 easy to use its just all about braking the product Ur using down right .maybe a training day would be good
    Thats what i thought ,maybe we could organise someone to give a little demo on using these and the various different types of polishes etc. Iwould gladly offer my red transit as a test bed ,the paint is 3yrs old and in good nick for a van ,still well shiny although quite swirly now.
    Any offers for a demo?
    Will there be a no.5 ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red T View Post
    Thats what i thought ,maybe we could organise someone to give a little demo on using these and the various different types of polishes etc. Iwould gladly offer my red transit as a test bed ,the paint is 3yrs old and in good nick for a van ,still well shiny although quite swirly now.
    Any offers for a demo?
    Remember my thread a few months back on a day away to Meguiars in Birmingham? They are still willing to run a workshop for us if we want to organise a group day away.
    Irene Armstrong & Robert Murdie

(It's my car not his! He has his own )

mabe scott would be up for a demo day

Quote Originally Posted by dottcom247 View Post
    Remember my thread a few months back on a day away to Meguiars in Birmingham?.
    Ohhh yes!!

I still believe this is a good option to go and see the pro's in action,IIRC there was a good few interested in doing this.
    Dont be left in the dark,if you need a spark PM me!!

Dont be left in the dark,if you need a spark PM me!!

Good idea but was hoping for closer to home lol. Some of our resident detailers maybe? Or perhaps persuade the megs guys to come over.
    Will there be a no.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red T View Post
    I,ve been thinking of buying one of these for a while now,what im looking to know is just how easy they are to use? I,ve been using megs scratch x for minor swirl removal for long enough but have thought this for the next step. What i was more worried about was having a car covered in buffer trails as there is nothing worse . I seem a brand new mazda 6 thing today in a lovely dark blue but in the sun it looked like someone had taken a buff to it to sabotage it lol. Im a patient person so not likely to rush using it.
    Your thoughts please.

You will find that its not the actual machine that caused the marks on the Mazda but the actual compound used, i.e probably T-cut or some similar heavily abrasive cutting compound and also no follow up process to remove the buffer marks.
    Swirls can really only be effectively removed gradually, i.e by cutting/compounding, finishing and polishing and not in one sweep of a polisher.

there doing a demo day on rms

13. Posting Permissions