Turbo200/WRX MPG
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Turbo200/WRX MPG

Account disabled

Default Turbo200/WRX MPG

How much miles would you get on one of these standard just driving nice and easy?
    Ruffly how much miles to £10/20/30

cheers lads

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Stu

Default Re: Turbo200/WRX MPG

If you are concerned about MPG on a Turbo then clearly not a car for you! Generally measured in Smiles per Gallon not Miles per Gallon. On current prices I cant answer your question Gaz, last time I put £30 in mine it gave me 3/4 of a tank. 2.5 years ago I get 200 miles to £20 Derv so a scoob with £20 super would maybe get you 80 miles off boost

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    johnjo likes this.
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

Account disabled

Cheers stu, no im just wondering because when I stick £10 the highest mikes I got out of it before it near cut out was 56 miles lol, I'm not worried about mpg on a turbo as I wil lbe driving easily anyway lol, I will save the smiles for a trackday :P

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

My import wrx a few mods with mixed drivin about 200- 230 on a full tank

£30 in my old turbo2000 would get me 100 mile thats just general commuting in & around belfast

Which coincidently is the same as i get in my 2.5 now.

Worth it for the smiles, i dont bother looking at the guage/miles out of it anymore. Insurance would be a concern though if you are planning on using it on the road legally, as thats a lot of petrol money potentially for a year.

I can get 320 from a full tank of Sainsburys SUL before becoming uncomfortable with what the fuel gauge shows, that is on a 50 mile round trip commute, trying to conserve fuel. This drops to about 230 with more spirited driving.
    The correct number of cars for any individual can be calculated using the formula n+1, where n is the number of cars already owned!!!!

Bodge Mechanic

Lol if I remember correctly the most I squezed out of the RA was 280 a tank and that was econo driving least was 150, haven't had a chance to check the WRX as its still currently off road, as for the sport average driving you can squeze around the 300 mark but you have to learn that the AWD system will always kill your MPG not to mention if you have any extra unnecessary weight abord like a boot full of tools or if ur in need of a diet lol
    In the land of the Giants, everyone is equal

Don't think anyone who a scoob even puts £10/£20 of fuel in always £30 plus on my last fill last week it was £60.

I would stick 20 super into mine as I dont do big miles on a weekly basis, occasionally I do fill it to the brim for runs to Donegal etc.
    Best I have gotten is 350 from a tank and worst is around 230ish.

'01 WR Blue WRX Stage3, next up...Annual Carwash!

i agree with stu. if your worried about mpg then its prob not a car for you. as its not only fueling, you also got tax insurance servicing and maintenance. i get asked all the time about what mpg im getting and my reply is always then same, i never count it. when it need fuel i fuel it, miles dont matter. insurance will be the killer as john has mentioned although can be done. i had mine on R plates
    GazMac likes this.

It is still worthwhile answering the guys question. True, they arent the cheapest motor out there to run but you still want to know roughly so you can compare to the likes of other affordable performance motors.
    Pretty much anyone can buy an impreza these days, its not like they are ferraris/lambos etc that the owner is loaded and really doesnt need to know what mpg it is capable of.
    davey21wagon likes this.

'01 WR Blue WRX Stage3, next up...Annual Carwash!

Account disabled

Cheers lads just wanted a ruff estimate tbh my car atm is not fsr of the MPG to a turbo by the looks of it so Ill see how it goes anyway, suppose as yous say its based on smiles per gallon lol, cheers

is your current scoob 4wd?

i remember going one sun morning down the coast from ards to portaferry and back again the car no boost the whole way, just cruising cause I wanted my son to sleep , but was surprised the car used so little fuel compared to what I thought it was capable of doing, however I wouldn t wanna used a scoob for a commute or more than 40 miles a day in normal traffic. would annoy me using a full tank a week, when a diesel would still get you thought a month

18. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast