my car info help
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Default my car info help

i just bought my car and was told it was an ra but ive checked this and now i dont know
    it has diff control
    roof vent
    ic spray

model code is gc8c4ed
    on here it says wrx sti v2 555 special edition our car????? whats this mean
    anyone know a bit more about these?
    http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: my car info help

As far as i know all RA and Type R models came with a diff control.

Is there a set of led lit marking between the speedo and rev counter? Should be lit green at the bottom when the car is started. The control itself is located on the centre console just to the right of the hand brake. is there one?

G = Impreza
    C = Saloon
    8 = 2.0l turbo
    C = MY95&96
    4 = 4door
    E = STi (not RA or type R) sorry dude
    D = 5 speed manual

Info from here
    http://wrxtypera.webs.com/identifymodels.htm
    Cars are meant to be driven everyday, not cleaned everyday. Now put the sponge down and drive it like you stole it!!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

it does have the diff control and it seems to be working did the sti s come with it?
    got this link of type ra .co.uk

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

my model codes bout half way down the page

Yes some STI's came with Diff control but it's not an RA. I'd be calling the seller.

The roof vent and diff control suggests that its an RA. There were some with the red top engine, roof vent.ic waterspray and dccd just before the face-lift. Should have been originally White though .Ive only seen one Red one but not that Red
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Stu

Not all RA,s had the DCCD, the early WRX RA certainly did not, nor did it have a roof vent. As paul has said very rare in red!

The only STI,s that had DCCD were RA and the type R and the limited editions

The engine code and transmission code will tell you alot more! If they match what the vin tag thats on the link you posted it would suggest it is a 555ltd edition. Lots of RA parts factored into the car to make it limited so in effect better than an RA.

Have you checked the VIN on the plate matches the bulkhead VIN???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by Stu; 19-04-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

aka... mr.sheen

ra,s didnt have the antenna in the quarter panel and they didnt have a rear wash/wipe

oh..... and my real type ra doesnt have the roof vent, dccd, electric windows, central door locking, anything really. its like a poverty spec 1.6lx that goes like stink. lol
    Last edited by mr.sheen; 19-04-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Resintooth View Post
    Yes some STI's came with Diff control but it's not an RA. I'd be calling the seller.
    I wouldnt be too hasty! If it is a 555 its better than an RA, in the sense of spec and rareness!

As Simon says the true original RA,s were basic in the spec department but do go like stink lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sheen View Post
    ra,s didnt have the antenna in the quarter panel and they didnt have a rear wash/wipe

oh..... and my real type ra doesnt have the roof vent, dccd, electric windows, central door locking, anything really. its like a poverty spec 1.6lx that goes like stink. lol
    WRX RA wont have the vent or dccd. STI RA will have though, electrics and air con were an option although defying the logic of an RA. There were some models near the end on the phase one that had a lot of bits and pieces thrown in. Confusing I know but you have a well speced car and thats all you need worry on. Enjoy it!
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

cheers guys check every thing and heres what i found bulkhead number matchs vin plate
    gearbox shows its an ra box
    colour was blue but i new that it had been repainted candy red none scooby colour
    and does have a red top engine in it

i guessing its a ltd edition one then

my model number is gc8c4ed
    colour was 53c
    Last edited by toker; 20-04-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Smile Re: my car info help

i think i have it sused guy done a bit of reserch and from what i car find on type ra.co.uk and scooby net etc mines a
    version two sti 555 limited edition 1 of only 555 built and 53c was the correct origanal colour
    found the model code here
    http://bbs.scoobynet.com/archive/ind.../t-685260.html

well i happy enough now ive found out what it is

Stu

Get it painted back to the OE colour, candy red wtf!

At least you have a good spec,and it came up good. Ive looked at several cars off this site and disapointed the owners when ive told them its not as per the tax book! Lots of imports here specced up on the tax book and they are basic WRX models!

MY version 1 was imported by a guy from Castlewellan and the tax book said it was a WRX STI 22B, i wish it was lol.

well the out come was good in the end so im well happy ill prob not keep it long but ill get a bit of enjoyment out of it any way for a while i agree it should be changed back to the std colour to keep it origanal
    the colour its painted looks well and is really nice in the sun
    everytime i look at the car i find more bits on it like tonight after work i found it has a bolt on brace underneath the front of the car

17. Posting Permissions