V6 Type R - WRC S5 Build
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: V6 Type R - WRC S5 Build

Default V6 Type R - WRC S5 Build

The story so far... bought the car in 2004... started the strip down and project side of it in late 2008.

So far I've done a lot of the shell fabrication work and a lot of refurbing of parts as they are removed.

All panels have been sourced through WRC Spares... bar the rear bumper that came from McKinstry's.... the S5 roof scoop from RallyTech and few other bits from other sources. My great find was a genuine set (x5) 18" magnesium Speedline Corse 2013 off a 22B with the correct PCD and lower offset to gain the 40mm wider track on the rear.

After a long time on hold... baby's tend to do that... I've recently gotten back to working on the car with plan to get the quarters and sills bonded on shortly. Then I hope to concentrate on the engine bay and underside with regards to prep and painting... source the last of my parts... send it off for painting... and then start the fun part of bolting it all back together.

The end result is a road going S5 replica... with a fairly standard interior bar a bolt in cage and some tasy Prodrive seats & flocked dash... and with the exterior that resembles the real deal.

It's a bit of a slow burner this... and progress at times can be painfully slow... but I'll try to update the thread of any major work that is completed. In the meantime... here's a photographic history of the car since I began the build.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: V6 Type R - WRC S5 Build

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

And this is where I've recently just started back with the painting of the inner quarters before I bond on the new carbon/kevlar quarters and sills!

As you may of seen in some of the earlier pics... I found some DS chassis leg damage and front fascia panel damage when I stripped the shell done so there have beens some set backs and additional costs in getting the shell 100% perfect... including a new chassis leg and leg support.... before I could progress. I suppose there are very few Subaru's out there left that haven't had a smack of some sort... but I was gutted to have found this... and even more annoyed I never spotted it when I origianlly bought the car back in 04. At least now I know it's all sorted!

That is fe cking brilliant. Keep up the great work and I know how hard is it with kids to find time

Liking this a lot.
    -Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Cheers J_MC_G... yeah... kids put a swift end to builds like this. I was even tempted to jack it in a while back and shift it on... as there was so much involved to get it finished... but a new garage next to the house now makes it easier to throw a few hours at it wheneverI can... just grab the baby monitor and off I head.

Some serious work gone in there mate and ££££££££££ cant wait to see the finished product.
    Last edited by MCVITEY; 23-07-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Wow! Now that is exactly what we love to see, a real well thought out Subaru build! Looks truly excellent and some tasty sheet metal work going on, can't be easy matching composite panels but looks like you've done it very neatly.Best of luck getting back into again and keep us well updated, really enjoyed those pics! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words lads. It's the postive feedback and interest from the lads on the ISDC and now yourselves that have kept me going when I've lost interest and nearly quit. That's the joy of sharing threads like this publicily... it keeps the pressure on you to finish it or else you look like a failure!! :P

Delighted to be able to share the pics... alwyas good to get from feedback from like minded Scooby nuts!!

@ Shak... yeah it's been difficult to get the panels and fabricated tubs to tie in but I've just taken my time and spent hours and hours fine tuning the fit till it looked as good as I could get it.

G-FUNKENSTEIN EDITION

great work dude on all the fabricating work also a great find with the wheels look sweet
    do u have a final color in mind or u keeping it silver

keep up the work mcfunk
    "if in doubt,flat out."Colin McRae" 1968-2007

WW1111 INHOUSETUNINGEXPERTS.COM will work on any car except VW

Thanks gfunk!!

Wheels are rather tasty.. but need some mag welding done on some hairline fractures... common with magnesium alloys... along with getting powder coated and then wet painted speedline gold.

Final colour will be the correct WRC blue that the Prodrive S5 came in... I had thought of keeping it silver to be different... but you just can't beat the blue of the WRC cars.

Fair play lad! Looking forward to seeing the rest! These are the kind of threads this site needs tbh!

JC Motorsport With Birch Motors, Blackwater Graphics, RJ's Car Restoration, PPP-Group, Gordon Automotive, Maxsport Tyres, Spoox, ICMA, Cobra Seats.

Rumpelstiltskin

Love good build topics and fabricating is Awesome mate

What a project, would love to have the time money and skills to do something like that....
    "Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car".

18. Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast