Kris Meeke will resume his IRC title defence on Rally Islas Canarias

Defending Intercontinental Rally Challenge champion Kris Meeke says he can't wait to get back behind the wheel of his Peugeot UK 207 Super 2000 on Rally Islas Canarias later this month.

The 30-year-old from Northern Ireland will be among a number of IRC regulars tackling the asphalt event for the first time when it takes place from 29 April-1 May as the fourth round of the IRC.

He said: "I can't wait to get started, particularly because it's going to be a new event for a lot of drivers and we'll all be starting there with a clean sheet of paper."

Rally Islas Canarias appears on the IRC schedule for the first time this season after being called up to replace Rally Principe de Asturias. Meeke added: "It's not an issue for me that it's been scheduled quite late because I'll go anywhere in the world to do my rallying, even at short notice."

Meeke, who is co-driven by Irishman Paul Nagle, is currently equal fourth in the IRC drivers' standings after three events. He will face strong opposition on Rally Islas Canarias from the championship's top three, Juho Hanninen, Guy Wilks and Jan Kopecky, who all drive Skoda Fabia S2000s.

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!