County Durham rally driver Chris Anderson was yet again denied a good result when an accident robbed him of a promising finish at yesterday's Stobart Rail Pendragon Stages Rally based in Penrith.

The maintenance engineer from Butterknowle near Bishop Auckland had hoped his recent run of bad luck would be over and with fellow Durham Auto Club member Chris Thirling alongside reading the notes, the pair made an impressive start to the event, moving up from a seeding of 66th to 19th overall after the first stage.

After the first two loops of stages the pair were still lying 19th overall and 3rd in class in their 3M Peltor, Wilkinson Maintenance Ltd and John Cullerton & Sons sponsored Ford Fiesta. Anderson was within a mile of the finish of Stage 13 when disaster struck on the demanding Tank Training grounds at Warcop.

Chris said: "We were really pushing hard and trying to improve on our position when I took a left hand bend with a crest, the car went light and I ended up on some loose gravel, causing me to slide into an embankment which damaged the suspension so that was it: Game over!"

Anderson and Thirling's next outing is at the Cheviot/Keith Knox Stages Rally on Otterburn in October.

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!