After an excellent performance at the August Barum Rally, the Proton factory team will once again be present at the upcoming IRC series with VP Racing Fuel in its fuel tanks. FRESH ENERGY, SE will again supply fuel and contribute to the star line-up of drivers in Scotland.

Young Irish driver Keith Cronin surprised everyone, perhaps even himself, by his performance at this year's August Barum Rally. The twenty-four year old driver’s performance at his premiere in the Central European rally helped the public completely forget the rather dismal performance of the Proton Rally Team in last year’s competition in Zlín.

This time around, Cronin presented the Malaysian brand in a better light. At Stage 6, he even managed to place fifth, pulling ahead of most IRC star drivers. Unfortunately, not too long after, his efforts were overturned as he dropped down a bank and ended up in the creek. Nonetheless, in September the talented driver returned to his Subaru and defended his prized title of the Champion of the British Isles.

Now, however, the two-time British Rally champion will be back behind the wheel of Proton’s Satria Neo S2000 in this weekend’s IRC. His partner will be experienced local Alister McRae, younger brother of the tragically deceased Colin McRae who was an idol to world rally fans.

It’s good to have a teammate like Alister; I think he’ll probably have a good idea of what’s going on up here”, says Cronin. “Having driven this car on the asphalt in the Czech Republic, I absolutely can’t wait to get into it on the gravel. I did this event last year, but beyond the pace notes I made, I didn’t really get far enough into the event to get much experience. In one way I’m starting again, driving this car for the first time on gravel, but in another way, I’m a step ahead from Barum Rally already. I’m more familiar with the car and with what’s going on inside the ****pit, just a bit more familiar with the workings of the machine. My approach will be the same as Barum; I’ll start out quite steady and see how we go. At the end of the event, I’d like to think we’re going to be aiming for a top-five result, but there’s a lot of strong competition out there.”

Like at the Barum Rally, the Proton Rally Team will once again use the fuel produced by VP Racing Fuels. "I am very happy that the Proton team was satisfied with our fuel and service in Zlín," smiles Martin Popilka, representative of FRESH ENERGY, SE, the official distributor of VP Racing Fuels. He elaborates: "Now we must prove our quality in Scotland and this will definitely be a very challenging task. We'll be there again to provide full service to the rally team. We’ll be arranging the transportation of all fuels and refueling Proton cars, even in the remote refuel zone, which will be located outside the main service. It will be very difficult. Moreover, the same weekend we will be supplying fuel to cars at the French Rallye d'Antibes. There VP Export’s petrol will be the chosen preference of Ukranian Oleksii Tamraz’s Ford Fiesta Super 2000. Thanks to his interest, our product was newly mapped for the Ford Fiesta S2000 and will be made newly available for other top teams as well”.

Officially recommended by Renault for use in race cars due to its high quality, VP Export petrol is a top 102-octane gasoline produced by VP Racing Fuels in the United States and is destined for European markets. It was also used at the Barum Rally by Czech Lubomir Minarik and by his rivals Gamba and Raoux.

VP Export fuel powers the motor of Jan Sykora’s Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9. Sykora was victorious at the last competition of the Czech National Championship. "It is true that we might have broken the curse of defects and other problems, which we enjoyed more than enough of in the spring," smiles the thirty-year old driver. "Ranking in eighth place in Vyskov and seventh in Pribram – those are results with which we can be satisfied. In Pribram, we even placed fourth in Group N and ahead of us were only such fine drivers such as Pech, Arazim and Triner. I can really appreciate such results. We started looking as early as spring for a way to advance forward, and today I am glad that we relied on VP Racing Fuels, which we were the first to use in the Czech competitive field. They are cheaper than other fuels with similar quality levels. Moreover, since a Czech company ensures their distribution, the communication and service with them is much better compared to others. "

VP Racing Fuels

image: Robert Balcar

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!