Summer of Motorsport set for Marble City

Nine months ago Threecastles man John Rafter was the driving force that saw the hugely successful Ravens Rock Rally being hosted in Kilkenny City. Rafter and his organising team brought the Carrick on Suir Motor Club’s premier event back to the Marble City for the first time in three year’s. He and his team took the Rally to new heights as the Black and Amber County welcomed back rallying. Now nine months on and John is back for round two and he promises this year’s event will be bigger and better, “Last year I took on the job of Clerk of the Course for the first time. It turned out to be a huge success and very rewarding for both myself and my hard working team. One of the main reasons for taking on the organisation of the club’s most prestiges event was that the rally would be based in Kilkenny for three consecutive years. In 2010 my team and I set ourselves a goal of laying the foundation of a professionally run event that we could build upon over the following two years. I was delighted with the support from within Kilkenny City and the people of the County where the special stages were situated. Among the highlights over the event weekend last year was the help we received from Pius Phlean at the Kilford Arms Hotel, the Dalton family at chancellors Mills, the City Council, the Gardai but the part that still gives me the most pleasure was the ceremonial start that was staged the evening before. To see the culmination of all our hard work come together and for rallying to take over Main Street was something I will never forget.”

Irish Motorsport Expo Launch - Pierce Doheny, Pat Kerley, Major Martin Brett, John Rafter, Paula Doheny, Matt Doran, James Coleman, Michael Lynch.

“After taking some time (Three days) to recharge the batteries my team were full of ideas to make the event bigger and better for this year. Our intention from the start of the project last year was to build a legacy that would continue after the three year period of hosting the event was up and I think we have now found away to do that. I am now proud to announce that on Sunday the 22nd of May “The HUB” in Cillin Hill will host a feast of Motorsport as the Carrick on Suir Motor Club will host the Inaugural Irish Motorsport Exposition.

The HUB, Located in a commanding roadside position on the outskirts of vibrant Kilkenny City, The Hub is fast becoming the premier multi-purpose venue in the south east. With a flexible indoor space: 1,585msq (17,060ft sq), a capacity of 2,000 and access to a local population of 434,205 within a 40-mile radius, this integrated exhibition and events centre is quickly developing as the venue of choice in the south east for event planners and consumers alike.

Irish Motorsport Expo Launch - Pierce Doheny, Paula Doheny, John Rafter, Pat Sheil.

The Hub indoor arena:*** * Floor area: 1,585msq (17,060ft sq)
*** * Dimensions: 51m long x 31m wide x 9m height (floor to underside of grid)
*** * Power: 3 phase power supply, distributed throughout The Hub
*** * Access: Direct access to The Hub via two large loading doors (6m high x 5m wide) operated electronically
*** * Capacity: 2,000
*** * Organiser/Production Office: Equipped with telephone line, broadband internet access and linked to the in-house PA system.

The Irish Motorsport Expo will be divided into three core sections. Section one will be the exposition itself, based in “The Hub”. There will be twenty five main exhibitors showcasing the best of Irish Motorsport; all the various disciplines of Motorsport in the Country will represented. The show will focus on the sport at grassroots level and how a young person can join the club and get involved in Motorsport.

Irish Motorsport Expo Launch - Pat Kerley, James Coleman, The Stig, Paula Doheny, John Rafter.

In Motorsport and on our Countries roads safety is of paramount importance. Within the last month Ireland’s motorsport governing body Motorsport Ireland joined forces with the Irish Roads Safety Authority to launch a new safety initiative concentrating on young drivers. Both organizations will be on hand at the expo to raise awareness for this new initiative and promote this new scheme.

Section two, on the evening of the Show the club will hold the Official Launch of this year’s Ravens Rock Rally. The launch will include various rally cars taking on a specially built course outside the HUB grounds, this will then be followed by the official announcement of the details of the 2011 Ravens Rock Rally and the unavailing of this years main Sponsors. Sponsors - Suirway Farm Machinery, the Kilford Arms Hotel and the Kilkenny People Newspaper.

Irish Motorsport Expo Launch - Group Photo in The HUB Arena. John Rafter – Event Manager, Paula Doheny – Event Secretary, James Coleman – Event Sponsor (Suirway Farm Machinery), Pierce Doheny – Event Assistant Manager, Pat Kerley - Event Assistant Manager, Pat Sheil - Event Assistant Manager, The Stig – Person to remain Nameless as the Club will run a Quiz to find out his name in the BUILD UP to the EXPO.

Section three, directly after the official launch of the Ravens Rock the focus will return to the indoor arena of the HUB where a Motorsport Forum will be held. The Forum will be hosted by Irish Motorsport Journalist Martin Walsh and will focus on Irish rallyings youngest talent.

Images*and*words courtesy of Trevor McGrath - www.rallyprint.com.

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!