Photo: Richie Brown

Motorsport Ireland Billy Coleman award winner Robert Barrable heads to this weekend’s second round of the Dulux Trade BRC in his Skoda Fabia S2000 buoyed by his recent win on the on the Quality Hotels West Cork rally.

Robert and co-driver Damien Connolly will tackle the North Wales event in the Skoda which will be their second outing on gravel in the new car where they will be hoping to build on their recent tarmac success in their quest for top championship points. The crew will complete a gravel test in the car prior to travelling to the event later in the week.

The Bulldog Rally, now in its 51st year. is based in the market town of Welshpool which*will play host to the newly included ceremonial start on Friday in the town centre. The stages based in the Welsh forests will provide Robert and Damien with a real challenge*and the*unpredictable weather is likely to play a significant role in the condition of the stages and the overall result of the rally.

“I am looking forward to competing on gravel in the car again," said Robert. "Our recent win in Cork has proven how competitive the Fabia is and I feel there is more to come from the car particularly on gravel.

"I felt my breaking was a little early on the Sunseeker and I didn’t really get to grips with the handling on the loose surface. The Bulldog will give us a chance to improve on our gravel performance.”*

Robert competed on last year’s Bulldog rally as part of the UK Citroën trophy where he finished third in class R2 behind the Renault Twingo of Jarkko Nikara.

With the stages very similar to 2010, Robert knows how challenging the event is and how important it will be to adapt to the stages right from the start.

He said: “It’s a challenging rally, with it being a one day event it is really important to get a good start and be on the pace from the off. I am hoping the experience from last year’s rally will help me get off to a competitive start.

"Looking at the entry it will be very competitive and I am sure there will be battles for every championship point.”

The next outing in the BRC for Robert and Damien is the Pirelli International Rally, round three of the British Rally Championship. Robert hopes to compete on a tarmac rally prior to the Pirelli event.

For more information log on to www.robertbarrable.com, you can also follow Roberts’s progress throughout the season on Twitter @RBarrableRally, with regular updates*from the Bulldog International available on the team website.

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!