Ken Block expects to restart the final day of Rally Argentina following his early exit from Saturday's stages, reports WRC.com.

Block was in contention for a top 10 finish alongside co-driver Alex Gelsomino only for his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta to suffer a broken front driveshaft.

“We were halfway through the second stage of the morning when out of a right turn the car spun on me and I knew instantly something was wrong,” said the American hero. “I wasn’t sure if it was a puncture or a driveshaft but we made it through the next stage at a slow pace. Then six kilometres into the next stage the whole thing locked up and I couldn’t continue. I was looking forward to eight good runs today but it wasn’t going to happen.”

Block said he believes he will be able to continue under SupeRally regulations on Sunday following repairs in service, adding: “It’s easily fixable, not that big a deal but it’s really disappointing after I’d made it through the car-breaking stuff of yesterday for the good stuff today. It’s been another frustrating season for me.”

Despite his retirement from day two, Block said he had been pleased with his pace on his Rally Argentina debut: “I was actually doing fairly decent stage times compared to Federico [Villagra], a good local driver. But it wasn’t meant to be for some reason and I’m gutted I didn’t get to do these stages this afternoon.”

Block said he was braced for a tough return on Sunday morning when he tackles the 48.21-kilometre Ascochinga-Agua de Oro test. “It’s not an easy stage, in fact it won’t be easy at all,” he said. “There’s nothing to gain but everything to lose if something goes wrong. I’ll also get to do the superspecial again, which is really fun.”

source: www.wrc.com

photo: mwrt

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!