DMACK will run its rally tyres on a world rally car for the very first time when Ott Tänak, one of the world’s top young rally stars, takes part in Wales Rally GB next weekend.
The final round of the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship is also Tänak’s first outing in a top-spec world car after finishing runner-up in this year’s Super 2000 WRC.
DMACK is hoping to prove its speed on gravel after nominating a replacement specification of gravel tyre for Rally GB. This year’s technical regulations allow tyre manufacturers to register one replacement specification during the year. DMACK has developed a new graveltyre specifically for its home event and has waited patiently until the end of the season to nominate the new rubber.
The new DMG Plus tyre has got a more open tread pattern to deal with the traditionally wet Welsh forest roads and will be available to competitors in G61 compound.
Tänak spent a full day testing his fully DMACK-liveried Ford Fiesta WRC car yesterday in readiness for next week’s event and was very pleased with the performance of the new DMACK gravel tyre.
Wales Rally GB is the deciding round of this year’s championship and kicks off on Thursday 10 November from Llandudno in north Wales.
**** Cormack, DMACK Tyres motorsport director, said: “Ott is one of the world’s brightest young stars and it’s really exciting to have him running on our tyres for Rally GB. The joker initiative, where we can change a specification during the season, has given us the opportunity to show how much work and development we have completed during our first year in competition. It’s a thrilling end to the season for us and to see DMACK on a world rally car for the first time is a great achievement. Hopefully Ott and the Ford Fiesta will help us demonstrate the performance and potential of our tyres.”
Ott Tänak said: “The test has been quite good. It was my first test in a WRC car on gravel and it’s all really new but we have tried a few different tyres and the feeling just gets better and better all the time. Everything is new for me on this rally – the tyres, the car and the team – so it will be hard. If I’m comfortable and the feeling is good then let’s see what we can do.”
A video of the test can be seen on the DMACK Youtube Channel

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!