This Saturday night (19th November) saw the Dulux Trade MSA British Rally Championship award its winners at the annual end-of-season prizegiving gala dinner, which took place the Hallmark Hotel in Manchester.
The event, which welcomed a full-to-capacity room of guests, was sponsored by Greenlight Television, who have been responsible for filming and producing TV programmes for the Championship over the past 10 years.
Handing over the awards was Sue Brownson OBE, a Director on the MSA Board, who congratulated each of the winners on their achievements. The British Champions honoured on the night were:
David Bogie: Champion Driver
Kevin Rae: Champion Co-driver
Martin McCormack: Formula Two Champion Driver
David Moynihan: Formula Two Champion Co-driver
Autosport Technology: Teams’ Champions
David Bogie & Kevin Rae with the Dulux Trade MSA British Rally Championship trophy

After being presented with the impressive silver trophy that bears the names of all the British Champions over the past 53 years, an extremely proud David Bogie said:
“It’s still difficult to come to terms with what we have achieved this year. It’s been a perfect season. Initially we were going to enter the first two rounds of the British and the Scottish Championships and then see how things were from there. But, as everything was going so well, we decided to continue and I’m just delighted – and amazed – we won both! I have to thank my family, the team at Pro-Tec, Kevin (Rae) and everyone who has supported me this season.”
The evening also witnessed the announcement of the Pirelli Star Driver Award, when the prize of a fully-funded campaign in the 2012 British Rally Championship, driving a Skoda Fabia R2 run by TEG Sport, was awarded to Jukka Korhonen. Having taken part in a shoot-out last Wednesday and Thursday against five other drivers, Korhonen was unaware of his success until his name appeared on the big screen above the stage.
On receiving the award, the understandably surprised 27-year old from Finland said:
“I can’t believe it! I had no idea I was going to win. I just did my best in the shoot-out and hoped it was enough, but the competition was very strong so I really didn't know what the result was going to be. I must thank Pirelli and the British Championship for giving me this opportunity and I am really looking forward to next year. It’s a fantastic prize.”
Adding to his Formula Two title, Martin McCormack was also presented with the Emlyn Wynne Memorial Trophy, which rewards the season’s leading Junior (under 26-year old) driver. His performance during 2011 also saw him presented with the coveted Driver of the Year Award.
The six events that made up the 2011 calendar were also acknowledged, with the accolade for the ‘Rally of the Year’ going to Rallye Sunseeker International. Clerk of the Course for the event Rob Pike collected the award - which is voted for by competitors, teams and championship officials - and was understandably pleased as the rally joined the BRC for the first time this season.
The evening also provided a celebration and presentation of awards to winners in the BRC Challenge, Citroën Racing Trophy, Fiesta SportChallenge and Fiesta SportTrophy series’.
For a full list of the awards please click HERE.
Photographs of all the award winners are available on request.
Plans for the 2012 MSA British Rally Championship are now well underway, with regulations scheduled to be available by the end of November.
For more information on the Dulux Trade MSA British Rally Championship visit www.rallybrc.co.uk

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!