The Rally2Raise team took part in their second event of 2012 last weekend when they ran their Nissan Micra on the Edradour Saltire Classic rally.
The Birnam-based event was organised by the Saltire Rally Club, who have nominated Rally2Raise as their chosen charitable cause for this year, and it consisted of 16 tests and three regularity sections on a route around the area of Pitlochry and Loch Tummel.
The tests provided good experience for driver Rachel Medich as they consisted of a mix of surfaces including tarmac, gravel and muddy tracks, enabling Rachel to learn more about how the car handled in preparation for future events.
Rachel and co-driver Marieanne Gray completed all the tests in their Clark Motorsport-supported car which performed faultlessly all day.
“It was a brilliant event, I enjoyed every minute of it,” said Rachel. “The tests were fantastic and great fun. My favourite was one which ran around a quarry on gravel, I could really throw the car around there and it was very useful experience for driving on forest rallies.”
At the awards ceremony at the end of the event organiser Colin Wallace announced that over £400 had been raised by the event for the four Rally2Raise causes - Cancer Research UK, the Nystagmus Network, the MS Society and the Joanne Bingley Memorial Foundation.
“I am very grateful to Colin, all the organisers and marshals, the competitors and event sponsor Edradour, to raise over £400 is fantastic and I am sure our four causes will be delighted.”
The next event for the Rally2Raise team is likely to be the Granite City rally in April where Rachel will be joined by Katherine Begg who will co-drive on her first ever rally. Please visit www.rally2raise.co.uk or www.facebook.com/rally2raise for more information on the project. Donations can be made online via uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rally2raise.

More...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!