Time Attack
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Pedders Suspension Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Wagon

Thread: Time Attack

Default Time Attack

If February so starting to look forward to getting the car out in the next few months and of course don't
    forget to send off for the license (just remembered myself).

Anyway, I was just thinking wouldn't it be great if there was a time attach event in Ireland?
    Seems like a good format and would add a bit more variety.
    I've no idea how this would get organised but just wanted to see what you chaps thought.

Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Time Attack

I think there is a time attack series in Ireland. Maybe its just held at mondello. Could be wrong though.
    A G N B : Thats bang out of order...

Mondello do run a time attack series.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Excellent, I'll need to go down and see what it is like, I'm not sure if we can go down to race in the south easily, I know there were some additional requirements for Hillclimbs. Does anybody have a plan to hold any time attack in the North?

Yea there is 100% time attack down south in Mondello, not up here though. Would be great to see it up here at kirkistown! I'd say there would be a fair few sprint cars out to do it! Would be nice to see Davy Francis's cosworth out, 'the painters' mighty machine aka Kenny Wylies fantastic 2.3 Evo, Michael whites legacy, and well it would be spectacular to see Lawrence Gibsons British Rallycross winning 6R4 out again lol and thats only to name a few! It could draw a big crowd if it was ORGANISED PROPERLY and if it was a decent price for entry! Who knows..if we scratch kirkistowns back maybe they will scratch ours. Normally Kirky will have a race meeting every month bar the odd one during spring/summer/autumn time and they will have sprints on aswell, to regards bikes im not too sure and as for trackdays i think once a month, dont quote me on that. There could possibly be a free weekend every month or two to hold a Kirkistown Time Attack event. I would happily work with anyone on here to get this up and running as i think it would be a great new scene for up north here. Because there would be a mix of the saloon race cars with the hillclimb and sprint cars etc maybe not in the same class but all out at once. Even to try and get it up and running at nutts corner or bishopscourt, but yet again im not sure on what way those other 2 circuits work now, i think though Bishopscourt is trying to get more race meetings for the future which is positive.

How would this differ from the current sprint series other than a change in format?

Suspect it would be the same old faces. You wouldn't want to 'dilute' entries and mean that some events that currently run didn't run because of lack of interest.

I note that there is a new sprint venue this year (Enniskillen) and there are other circuits around the province that could also be used (Aghadowey, Bishopscourt) but getting access to these is quite difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmoria View Post
    If February so starting to look forward to getting the car out in the next few months and of course don't
    forget to send off for the license (just remembered myself).

Anyway, I was just thinking wouldn't it be great if there was a time attach event in Ireland?
    Seems like a good format and would add a bit more variety.
    I've no idea how this would get organised but just wanted to see what you chaps thought.

Phil
    davey21wagon likes this.

Im pretty sure time attack format will require overtaking at times so therefore will require a national b liscence instead of a non-race nat b liscence.
    wouldnt bother me to get the other liscence tho if such events were accessable.
    another thing is, time attack is usually multiple laps. So goina be much harder on the cars. Lets face it, some motors struggle to do a 90sec hillclimb, nevermind 10minutes flatout round kirky.
    Suck my balls

Stu

TA is very different to sprinting in many ways. Most of it has been covered. Average TA entry is 3 times the price of a sprint event. Ive been looking intoSuperLap Scotland, looks a very fair and balanced series.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wagon View Post
    How would this differ from the current sprint series other than a change in format?

Suspect it would be the same old faces. You wouldn't want to 'dilute' entries and mean that some events that currently run didn't run because of lack of interest.

I note that there is a new sprint venue this year (Enniskillen) and there are other circuits around the province that could also be used (Aghadowey, Bishopscourt) but getting access to these is quite difficult.
    nail on the head, it s hard enough in this country to get decent turn out sometimes without giving a lot of choice which would just **** it up more. I personally wouldn t wanna give the car that much off a boosting around a track.

12. Posting Permissions