Wind
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind

Default Wind

Anyone else been affected by the crazy winds today? My electricity has been out all day here in Bangor and i was thinking i may have had to stand in front of trees to stop them falling on my cars. I went into town to quell the boredom and almost blew away into the Bangor marina

I blame windyboy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Derry/londonderry/stroke city, Ireland, Ireland

Default Re: Wind

the new bridge here in the maiden city has been closed and traffic is a joke and lost all the felt of me bloody shed lol dam you mother nature you not think i've enough to do around the ranch without adding stuff to me wifes to do list

I was supposed to be golfing today, took a half day and everything.

'01 WR Blue WRX Stage3, next up...Annual Carwash!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

stuck in a **** hole called holyhead, won't be home until tomorrow because the ferry is cancelled

Exclamation Re: Wind

get on the beer geoff, always a bright side!! lolz, yeah its fairly steady in larne we turned the milk cows out this morning walked to their paddock stayed 20 mins and decided fck this **** and came running back in down the track so kept them in with an extra feed, supposed to get till 70 mph later 2night feels like, 100mph just now..

if in doubt keep her pinned out

Adam

Bangor Academy school had no power today , must have just been the town centre coz mine was ok .
    i was in Lisburn , and on the way home there must have been about 6 trees down.

Lets hope it blows this ash from the volcano away a bit faster !

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby blue View Post
    stuck in a **** hole called holyhead, won't be home until tomorrow because the ferry is cancelled
    What have you bought/brought home now!

the wind has just cost me a new back bumper and rear light blew my gate out as i was driving out am gutted

Our satellite dish has spun, so no signal at all now ffs! Anyone got one of them meter thingys I could borrow to point it in the right direction when these gales stop?!

Unfortunately power supplies in work were absolutely fine...

Yes Geoffrey Tate, are in you sleeping in the back of a Saab or a Scoob tonight????

Adam

seen boys use them meters before , you may aswell just move the dish about and get some one to keep an eye on the "signal strength" in the set-up menu. You will probably be able to see roughly where it was sitting before it moved aswell (where the paint is faded)

Cool, cheers Charly, will try that when the weather returns to something half sensible...

Quote Originally Posted by Shak View Post
    Our satellite dish has spun, so no signal at all now ffs! Anyone got one of them meter thingys I could borrow to point it in the right direction when these gales stop?!

Unfortunately power supplies in work were absolutely fine...

Yes Geoffrey Tate, are in you sleeping in the back of a Saab or a Scoob tonight????
    NO SATELLITE. That would be my worst nitemare. And they charge £50 to realign the dish. Just did the same as Charly.

Just heard that one of the season caravaners has had serious damage done to the van it's completely blew over torn the side to bits and smashed the windows
    Well if you will excuse me I have minds to corrupt and values to warp. I'll be back soon

Adam

not being big headed , but the guys they send out are spivs ! Havent a clue , or a care !
    When i got sky +hd in my last house , i already had the hole drilled through the wall (didnt fancy letting them loose with any power tools near my TV) They stripped the cables and just turfed the cuttings under the TV stand and walked muck through the hall carpet .
    Then they said i had to wait 4hrs till i got it activated. phoned sky 4hrs later and the operator said they were supposed to tell them to activate it THEN there was a 4hr wait ! So 4hrs later (8hrs in total) it finnaly came on and i was playing about with it and noticed i couldnt record & watch another channel at the same time (which defeated the purpose of Sky + )
    Only for the fact my m8 had got it the same day as me i was able to find out it wasnt meant to do that , and had a tinker about with it and found there was only one signal comming through ! I checked the ends of the cables and they were butchered ! Got my ladders out , remade the ends , job sorted !

Needless to say i wasnt long getting the £60 install fee refunded. Spivs !

Bring back VHS i say Charlyboy.

18. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast