Fao Rab - Ring on intercooler
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Ballymena, where the men are hard and the sheep are scared.

Default Fao Rab - Ring on intercooler

Seen the ring on your FMIC yesterday at scoobfest and was wondering what job it does?

1st time ive seen sometihng like it.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Fao Rab - Ring on intercooler

Its the final part of my cryo cooling kit the ring is perforated on the back edge system comprises of
    a 10lb bottle of co2 in the boot
    fuel cooling rail
    air intake cooling bulb
    2 purge vents
    and the vent to air spray ring

The system electrical components are an arming switch, a purge button, 2 solenoids and a full throttle micro switch

The idea is that when on full throttle the micro switch will operate 1 of the solenoids enabling the liquid co2 to flow through the system cooling fuel, intake air and then finally freezing the fmic ( colder more dense air = better combustion = more power )

The purge button when pressed will open the other solenoid and blow two plumes of co2 vapour through my small bonnet grills to clear the lines of vapour ensuring that they are full of liquid co2 ( will also look quite impressive to anybody beside me at traffic lights lol )

seen these kits for sale for £400+ ive been able to make this for alot less just need to source higher pressure pipe fittings as the push fit ones I had planned to use cant handle the pressure

class idea Rab would it be possible to do something similar for a TMIC?
    Id like to do something like that for the STI top mount would be handy for stopping heat soak in traffic, hot days or waiting at the drag strip etc

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

is there a chance the induction kit will suck this Co2 up? because if Co2 is entering the intake there will be less o2

Im not sure if what im asking is feasable.. just a thought that came into my head :$

Quote Originally Posted by claudefrog View Post
    is there a chance the induction kit will suck this Co2 up? because if Co2 is entering the intake there will be less o2

Im not sure if what im asking is feasable.. just a thought that came into my head :$
    im hoping my cold air feed and induction box should keep the co2 away from the air intake
    the air inlet is now infront of the fmic and with the car moving forward ie on full throttle everything should be kept apart

Quote Originally Posted by burt2000 View Post
    class idea Rab would it be possible to do something similar for a TMIC?
    Id like to do something like that for the STI top mount would be handy for stopping heat soak in traffic, hot days or waiting at the drag strip etc
    cant see any reason why a similar set up couldnt be used on a tmic
    trying at the moment to get hold of a job lot of bottle taps so I can adapt 2kg fire extinguishers should be able to make these kits for about 100 - 150 quid a cheeky saving on 300 quid

10. Posting Permissions