bleeding brakes
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Thread: bleeding brakes

Default bleeding brakes

I've bled brakes on motorbikes before but i think it is more straight forward than a car with abs in such like attached also bikes have two seperate reseviours for front and back , i'm changing the pistons on my calipers and also steel braided hoses . Could anyone tell me the easiest way of doing this . I will be doing this on my garage floor so can't get all wheels off at once , are you men't to start at the closest calipier to the reseviour and work out or does it matter, Thanks in advance
    Tried growing up once an didn't like it much so back to rolling in a scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: bleeding brakes

hows this

He's not really bleeding the brakes he's just pumping fresh fluid through the system . My system is going to air locked and was wondering if there is any issues with abs when bleeding brakes when air locked

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

When I refurbed my fronts, I just got the missus to pump the pedal while I unlocked and locked the bleed nipples. Working fine. Will be going down the braided route some time soon so get to do it all again.

'01 WR Blue WRX Stage3, next up...Annual Carwash!

Rumpelstiltskin

Get your hands on a good pressure/easy bleed kit as pumping kills master cylinders
    If there is bleed nipples on the master cylinder...start there, then abs if it has them, then the rear furthest away from master
    cylinder and work your way to the front

I start with the farthest away from the master cylinder out of habit, but with brakes on separate circuits it doesn't matter which order they are worked on. Have done mine twice on my MY00 turbo - nothing to it really - you will need a helper to press on the pedal to do it the traditional way. Strip one side leaving the other as a reference in case you need it.

If you aren't confident about it, I would leave it to someone else, you don't want to find you have left some air in there when you need to get the anchors down!!!
    The correct number of cars for any individual can be calculated using the formula n+1, where n is the number of cars already owned!!!!

thanks guys . Was thinking of doing one corner at a time obviously but was thinking if i bled each caliper before i moved onto the next corner and plugged the end of the pipe as i disconnected the flexi hose (so not allowing to much air into the system ) i wouldn't have to bleed from the master cylinder then the abs system . What do yous think...

10. Posting Permissions