Classic turbo coolant pipe to back of block!HELP!
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Pedders Suspension Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Default Classic turbo coolant pipe to back of block!HELP!

Hi guys, so my subaru has been parked up for a while. Took i t out a few times and noticed a coolant leak. Coming from the coolant pipe below the TMIC and into the back of the block.I have stripped the car down but really dont want to remove the inlet manifold but if needs must then I will.

The pipe goes into the block with a 10mm screw head bolt through a locating flange on the side of the pipe. Bolt was free to wind out (not much torque as i guess its just for locating the pipe). However I can not remove the pipe from the block . I have prised it with the lug to a point were the lug starts to bend. If i break it the way it is iam snookered!

I have enclosed a pic i found online of the same engine although the inlet manifold is off it! Just to show which pipe I mean!

If anyone has removed this before i would be keen to know how or what on earth makes it so tight (rubber o-ring?)

aaa.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Default Re: Classic turbo coolant pipe to back of block!HELP!

Im am nealy sure there is another 10mm bolt holding it to the block near the where the clutch fork is, but on the block if you get me, you should have no problem removing that

Default Re: Classic turbo coolant pipe to back of block!HELP!

thanks for the help i will have a look tonight!

5. Posting Permissions