simtek ecu question?
Welcome to ScoobyIreland.com.
Jolly Green Monster Blackwater Graphics Evo Ireland Murray Motorsport -Performance Car Preparation, Parts and Servicing

Default simtek ecu question?

hi all, i want to ask you do you need a boost controller with a simtek ecu to increase boost to 1.3bar? my car is a 98 sti type r with a sti 8 shortblock what is standard boost on this shortblock and will 1.3bar be okay? im getting it remapped february

thanks

markc

2. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

Stu

Default Re: simtek ecu question?

No you dont, Simtek can run 2 maps so you can have a normal map with Normal boost, and the other map can run higher boost for some fun. These can be made switchable using an existing switch in the car or additional add on.

It would be advisable to get a 3 Bar map sensor when the Simtek is done depending on your model year, late 96 car onwards uses a 2 bar sensor so it will be fine!

You should always consider the milage and condition of your engine and your clutch when having any remap to increase boost pressure. Also the early cars with the Coil on plug set up tend to suffer under boost as the packs can break down under boost, but the later models with wasted spark cope fine, WITH a colder plug like a NGK PFR7B. I see your car is a 98 so no need for some of the stuff bar the plug change!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

Stu has give you alot of detail there and is bang on. No boost controller needed as the Simtek replaces oem boost controllers/solenoids.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Scooby Ireland
    Advertisements

thanks for the info stu

Stu

Not sure what mods you are running at the moment Mark, but an uprated pump would be a good upgrade, more boost = more fuel, then you could also consider an FPR if you wanted to up the fuel pressure to 3 bar. The beauty of the Simtek is its future proof mod wise. You getted it fitted down South? Bob Rawle doing the mapping by chance lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you stand for Nothing you will fall for Anything!

I sold my boost controller when i got my simtec. def the best mod ive done to my car

Quote Originally Posted by 71/200 View Post
    Not sure what mods you are running at the moment Mark, but an uprated pump would be a good upgrade, more boost = more fuel, then you could also consider an FPR if you wanted to up the fuel pressure to 3 bar. The beauty of the Simtek is its future proof mod wise. You getted it fitted down South? Bob Rawle doing the mapping by chance lol
    mods i have done are 3inch catback system, hks decat downpipe, walbro fuel pump, ngk range 7 spark plugs, autobahn tmic, getting a hks bov soon

i am getting it remapped down south at streetperformance/ andy forrest

you wont regret it, have you a boost gauge, youl need one of them aswell.

11. Posting Permissions